Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Very Own Blog

This is a big deal to me. It sounds simple I'm sure to those who have been in the blogging world for years, but to have my own personal blog is huge. Sure, I've tried my hand at blogging a few years back when my sister and I traveled to London for the 2012 Olympics...it was very amateur but check it out for a good laugh http://2sistersacrossthepond.wordpress.com/

 We had fun and did some collaborating on what we wanted to put in the blog--mostly done at 2:30 a.m. when we couldn't sleep because we were so wired and restless, ha! Good times! It was truly how our family kept track of us back home and were assured we were safe! ;)




I also blog for my job and it's fun to write about what's going on in tourism in Marshall County. Check it out, too: http://www.marshallcountycvb.com/plan-your-visit/marshall-blog

We just got through planning and working the 2014 Bassmaster Classic. It was a great event for Guntersville, with around 12,000 people in the city February 21-23, not to mention all the pre-fishing beforehand and the exposure of the city in the following weeks and months!

I love to read blogs, too. A wide range of topics by either friends I know who've gotten into it as well as more well known bloggers like The Pioneer Woman. Ree's love story with Marlboro Man captured me first in her self titled book, her recipes are easy, practical, and yummy. It's the way she writes, the humor, photos, and realness of her that keeps me reading each post.

I also love Chocolate Covered Katie because she A) shares in my love for chocolate and B) tries to make dishes that are healthy. I am not a vegan and rarely use her substitution ingredients but it's the read that counts, right? I mean, just to know that if I want to use black beans in my brownies, she'll show me how and also how to make them edible. I'm constantly researching new blogs on all things that interest me--running, health, faith, beauty, entertainment, etc. There is something so cool about being able to read what people around the world are saying TODAY about things that interest you.
OHH, I was forgetting one of my favorites: http://iamrihanna.wordpress.com/
You might have read her post a couple of months ago about Miley Cyrus. Great read! http://iamrihanna.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/dear-miley/
She's a very gifted blogger and I'm pretty sure if we were in the same city/town/region/hood we would be besties.

With all of this laid out there, I make no promises of what kind of blogger I'll be. But here are some of my guidelines:
1) Stay focused on the theme of the blog 
2) Be Real
3) Post photos--they are one of my favorite parts of blogs. Although, please don't judge my iPhone camera skills.
4) Post relevant, thought provoking, inspirational, funny, and interesting posts.
5) Write content that I'll still be proud of in 10-30 years. The difference between blogs and journals is that blogs are exposed to everyone. Everyone has stuff they would never want others to know and on the reverse, I believe everyone also has a story to tell and interesting things that happen to them that should be told. Examples: A good book, a good album or movie, where God is leading you in this particular time in your life, your family or friend relationships, funny things, sad things, travels, tips, recipes, etc. It's all part of life and should be shared. This is your chance. If you have a blog, let me know so I can follow and if you have any comments or suggestions about the blogging world, I welcome them.

Life can be unpredictable, exciting, weird, funny, sometimes sad, and a mixed bag of different emotions and adventures. So this blog is all about living, learning, loving, laughing, and making the most of everyday.

Like today---how special I got to catch up with one of my very best friends, Lauren. We've known each other for 5 years and we have the best time together! I told her I was starting a blog today and that she, being the talented photographer she is, should start one, too! But also because Lauren always has interesting things going on her life. I've told her for years to write a book...this would be a lot easier than a book! Do it, girl!


Love getting to see her and us being able to encourage each other through school, relationships, our faith, family, etc. or just being silly and watching Gilmore Girls and laughing uncontrollably. Friends are truly one of God's best blessings to us and I thank the Lord for placing her in my life.


I'm so excited to start this blogging adventure! Thanks for reading and feel free to subscribe and tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment