Thursday, February 18, 2016

Back to Blogging--Boaz to Birmingham

So somehow 5 whole months have passed and I'm just now finding the time to write a few lines, and needless to say, a lot has happened! The biggest issue was the fact I needed a new laptop and when life changes happen, let's face it, some things just have to wait. Happy to have a new laptop to blog and write now. To catch up on things, I'll do a quick recap:
In September, I left my job of 5 1/2 years at the MCCVB and moved to Birmingham.
I took my already planned trip to New England at the end of September (blog to follow soon).
And on October 1st, I began working at Brownell Travel as the Senior Administrative Coordinator for Troy Haas, President & CEO at Brownell.
Big Al is the keeper of my business cards--ROLL TIDE!
The new place is coming together, complete with lots of crimson and gray!
One of my fav pics from our company meeting back in November in ATL. Sweet girls!!
I'm really enjoying this new chapter in my life! Birmingham is a great city--full of great restaurants, hiking trails, and unique places to explore. One of my favorite finds--within walking distance to my apartment and job---Trader Joe's!
I'm loving my job and learning so much. It's different going from an office of three to an office of 50, and I'm happy to still be in the travel industry. What better place to be than at the oldest travel agency in the country?! Brownell Travel began in 1887 in Birmingham and is one of the most highly known and respected travel agencies in the country for luxury and incentive travel.
I've also gotten plugged in at a local church, Church Unlimited, which is a fairly new church, but the Lord is blessing it and I've met so many great people there!
The longest hike ever in January--but still fun with Lauren and my new friend Heather!
New friends & connecting with old friends, as well as being closer with my sister since we both live here now has been some of the most rewarding things about the move. It's also made the transition easier. The first few months were hard, as I did get homesick, but thanks to friends, family, coworkers, all is well.
My sister Lauren and my new friend at church, Melinda, and I at the UA vs. AU meet in Bham back in January! Roll Tide!

Me & Mr. Austin Luke at a party a few weeks ago. He cleans up so nice!
Living Out the Plans:
The Lord has had his hand on this move. Has it been hard to do? Yes. Have I questioned why sometimes? Absolutely. I had begun to get restless over the past few years, having moved back from college, and settled into my first big girl job for some time. I loved being involved and really enjoyed my job. I was surrounded by all my family, friends, church, and all the comforts of home. It made it hard to leave, but at the same time, I knew it was something I had to do. God calls us to get out of our comfort zones, but all with our best interest in mind. It might be hard to know at the time, going into something new rather blindly, however, that's when our faith shows it's strength. When you feel God calling you to somewhere and then it all is lining up, you can rest assured, He's going to take care of you. This move has really made me realize why God gave me the name for my blog, Living Out the Plans. He knows my imperfections and loves me just the same, and in His Word, He gives us such promise of hope and a bright future in every step of life.
Being surrounded by a gracious, professional, and highly respected and motivated group of coworkers and boss, as well as having a spirit filled church, great friends, family, etc. it's evident this was all for a reason. Sure, there are days when I miss my parents, dogs, family and friends, my former coworkers and organizations I was a part of like crazy. But I know God has me here to teach and grow me spiritually, professionally, mentally, physically, and emotionally. Coach Saban says be where your feet are planted, which has had great meaning for me the last few months. God's Word says in Psalms 17:6 "My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped." Trusting in God's plan for us is a submissive act of obedience and surrender. It's not always easy, but something the Lord always rewards us for, which we can see sometimes sooner rather than later. I'm happy and enjoying where I am, the people I'm surrounded by, and living out on my own. Reflecting on good memories

No comments:

Post a Comment