Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Birthday + Farewell Party

 I turned 29 in August and am still trying to figure out where my 20's went. AH!
My coworkers gave me a surprise at the office & treated me to lunch at the Rock House. MMM!
 I spent my actual at the beach with my family and we had a blast. The weather was gorgeous in Destin.
The weather was absolutely perfect!

Birthday dinner at Pompano Joe's!
Shopping at Destin Commons with my fun Mom!

The whole family was all together at Goatfeathers at Santa Rosa beach off 30-A.

LIFE CHANGE ALERT:
So after I returned from the beach, I interviewed and was offered a job!  This was clearly the Lord's hand. 
After 5 1/2 wonderful years at the Marshall Co. CVB, an opportunity came along at Brownell Travel at the Summit in Birmingham that caught my fancy. After several interviews, I was offered the job! I truly feel in my heart this is the right time and have such a peace about it. I cannot say enough about the 128 year old legacy for excellence and personalization this company has for the details and outstanding customer service in the travel industry.  

I will start October 1st working as the Senior Administrative Coordinator for the President & CEO, Troy Haas, a godly man & leader who has been with Brownell for 20+ years. Everyone I have met there has been so friendly and professional.

 It has been hard to leave & say goodbye, as the CVB has been the best job for me right out of college. The people I've gotten to work with on events have been amazing.

I was so honored to have had my coworkers, board, and partners in the industry, and lifelong friends come to celebrate with me at my farewell party this week! It was sad, happy, and bittersweet, but I am blessed to have these people in my life and hope to stay in touch with everyone!
Such a fun day with these people! I'm going to miss them all! Potluck BBQ, cupcakes, and all the sides & fixings!
I am excited to move to the Magic City and plan to call it home for a long time! Marshall County will always be "home" and there are things I'll miss about living there, but here are a few that come to mind:
Top 10 Things I'll Miss About Living in Marshall County (in no particular order):
1. My family 
2. My friends
3. My coworkers/partners in the industry & promoting tourism in Marshall County
4. My church family
5. Serving on the boards & committees that are near & dear to my heart
6. Free rent, laundry, food, etc. at my parent's house (it was great while it lasted but I know it's my turn to be a full on adult)
7. Playing tennis, walking, and spending time with my sweet mom
8. My precious furbabies
9. Walks by the lake at lunch and walks around Snead State (so quiet & pretty)
10. The Dancing Man (of Guntersville) Please tell me there's something similar in Bham?!


Living Out the Plans
So I can't think of a more fitting title of my blog, Living Out the Plans, than now. Sometimes we questions God's calling on our lives, other times we have such a peace about the timing, and sometimes we take it one day at a time. The past few weeks have been all of these emotions and feelings for me. I know the Lord has put certain people, certain paths, decisions, and circumstances all leading up to this. Yes, it's a big change, as I will be moving away from home, my former job, family and friends, and church family, but at the same time, I will be turning a new chapter in my life, meeting new friends, coworkers, and being closer to my sister and aunt that live in the area, getting to find a new church family, and growing in my career and a welcoming job/environment at Brownell. It's all great things ahead and I trust the Lord to continue to direct my paths, as I am now living on my own in a new city. I'm excited and a little scared to make this leap, but I see a lot of positives and am ready for what God has planned for this time in my life.

I will be blogging soon about a much needed vacation & making the move & starting the new job! So excited!

I keep playing this NEEDTOBREATHE song in my mind and know it's true in my heart:

 "Cause if you never leave home, never let go, you'll never make it to the great unknown, 
Till you keep your eyes open."






1 comment:

  1. Precious blog and you have precious moments in your life. May God Bless and Keep you safe on your new journey. Love you dearly my friend!!!! Can't wait to see your new apartment ;)

    ReplyDelete