Thursday, March 26, 2015

I Heart NYC...let me count the ways

New York City...
It's been ever on my mind--as always but especially this week. On a scale of 1-10, I'm about at a 15 on being homesick.
My uncle is visiting for school/business. He ate Shake Shack, got in the same elevator with Gus Malzahn--(how random), and is getting quite the education on all things business, culture, and atmosphere I'm sure. I keep begging him for photos and can't wait to hear about his trip.

Several of my favorite bloggers have been on point this week with posts that speak to me, as well as the Instagramers posting all the spring photos in Central Park, etc. http://annaosgoodby.com/ http://newyorkcliche.com/  http://www.tracysnewyorklife.com/
 
And then just this afternoon, a fire broke out in the East Village, causing a building to collapse! My heart goes out to this neighborhood! See news story here.
 
And these new series:


Thus inspiring me to finish a blog draft I've had for 6+ months or more (I have lots of those on standby.)

Books, music, movies, fashion, the history, icons, and memories made in this city are endless. It haunts you as you crave more of it. Or it does me. When I need my NYC fix, I gravitate to books, tv shows such as Friends and Seinfeld and movies.

Here is my personal list of movies that I LOVE all set/filmed in Gotham (in no particular order):
1. Ghostbusters (can you really even mess with not giving this the #1 spot?!) "I love this town!"
2. One Fine Day--can I just add that the filter on this movie was incredible.
3. Breakfast at Tiffany's--Classic chic
4. Big--One of Tom Hank's best! If I lived in the city, I would want a trampoline, too.
5. Hitch
6. Sex & the City--ohh the fashion, the library scene!
7. Working Girl
8. 13 Going on 30--it's like "Big" all over again!
9. Scent of a Woman--wonderful acting...a young Philip Seymour Hoffman
10. Bed of Roses--one of my favorite movies ever--warning: it's corny and cheesy but it has Christian Slater, so all is forgiven.
11. Home Alone 2 "Guests of the New Celebrity Ding Dan Dong stay at the world renowed Plaza Hotel"
12. Splash--Mermaids in Manhattan..named Madison.
13. Three Men and a Baby, Three Men and a Little Lady
14. Sleepless in Seattle--who can forget that last scene at the Empire State Building?
15. The Money Pit
16. Serendipity--one of the best Christmas movies
17. When Harry Met Sally--worth a trip to Katz Deli
18. Baby Boom
19. You've Got Mail---I wrote a whole blog about it
20. After Hours--lesser known, freaky, Martin Scorsese movie.
21. Scrooged--Bill Murray---every Christmas. Must watch!
22. The Devil Wears Prada--ohh that fashion!
23. Barefoot in the Park---CLASSIC!
24. The Nanny Diaries--Super Cute!
25. Romancing the Stone
26. Annie--the 80's version!
27. The Secret of My Success
28. Raising Helen
29. The Pick Up Artist--Great cast- Molly Ringwald and Robert Downey Jr.
30. Hello Again
31. 27 Dresses
32. Unfaithful--creepy & instense Richard Gere and Diane Lane duo
33. Begin Again--Kiera Knightley and Mark Ruffalo
34. Maid in Manhattan--JLO as a housekeeper falling in love with a politician...filmed at my fav hotel, The Roosevelt!
35. Men in Black--who could forget Frank, the pug, with the I heart NY sweatshirt!
36. An Affair to Remember--again, too classic for words!
37. Something Borrowed--great book by Emily Giffin and decent movie--lots of Shake Shack!
38. Manhattan---another Woody Allen film, also staring Diane Keaton
39. Hannah & Her Sisters---must see this movie STAT!
40. Elf
41. The Secret of My Success
42. Beaches--grab the tissues
43. Look Who's Talking
44. Curly Sue
45. Uptown Girls
46. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days--that love fern tho.
47. Meet Joe Black
48. August Rush
49. Kate & Leopold
50. Sweet Home Alabama

What are your favs? Which ones did I leave off that are a must on your list??? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment